Dec 22, 2013

Break time

Well it's one of my favorite times of year, and tomorrow I get to go spend 6 days with the most incredible little girl, my niece Austyn, and my brother & sister in law. During that time, I am choosing to refrain from all social media. Starting tomorrow morning I will not be on  facebook, twitter, or instagram  for minimum 6 days, and possibly lasting through new years. I am doing this experiment mainly to see what getting rid of distractions will do for my spiritual walk. I want to really focus on Christ this week in my down time. When I go to bed and wake up this week, I am not going to spend my normal 20 minutes checking fb, email, and instagram. I am going to use that precious time before I close out the day or start a new day to focus on what really matters, and to hear from the One who speaks truth into my life. Pray for me if you don't mind this week. I hope to get answers on questions that have been running through my mind, grow in my walk with Christ, and deepen the only relationship that truly matters in my life. I got the idea from a pastor of my church, and I encourage you to try it. I'm hoping the new year will begin with a new perspective thanks to more time spent with Him. Join me. Come follow my King...

You who are young, be happy while you are young,
    and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth.
Follow the ways of your heart
    and whatever your eyes see,
but know that for all these things
    God will bring you into judgment.
10 So then, banish anxiety from your heart
    and cast off the troubles of your body,
    for youth and vigour are meaningless. - Ecclesiastes 11:8-10


Then Jesus said to his disciples, ‘Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. - Matthew 16:24

No comments:

Post a Comment